A Barcode is a machine-readable symbol, representation of data; the data tells us something about the object that carries the barcode. Barcodes play major role in supply chain, manufactures and transport providers to easily identify and track products as they move through the supply chain. Also, it is a readable by machine and commonly used in Super markets, malls, stores etc.
Documents required for Barcode:-
- Product Name
- Product Weight
- Any one Company / firm registration Certificate
Types of Barcode:-
Basically GS1 barcodes carry information like products, assets, logistic units and equipment’s. Basically GS1 manages several types of barcode including one-dimensional barcode (such as GS1 EAN/UPC, GS1-128, ITF-14 and GS1 Data Bar), two-dimensional barcode (such as GS1 Data Martix and GS1 QR Code etc).
- EAN/UPC Barcodes: EAN/UPC Barcodes are suitable for the retail point of sale (POS) because they are designed for the high volume scanning environment.
- GS1 DataBar Barcodes: DataBar barcodes are used on coupons and to label fresh foods. This barcode can hold information like an item’s batch number or expiry data. DataBar barcodes are often used in retail and can be read by laser scanners.
- One-dimensional barcodes: GS1-128 & ITF-14 are highly versatile 1D barcodes that enable items to track through global supply chains. Basically, it is used in general distribution and logistics.
- Two-dimensional barcodes: A 2D barcode can hold a significant amount of information. It is used in a wide range of industries, from manufacturing and warehousing to logistics and healthcare.
Benefits of Barcode:
Barcodes act as a method for cutting costs and saving time. Barcodes are both cost-effective as well as reliable. Barcodes provide an indispensable tool for tracking a variety of data, from pricing to inventory.
- A Barcode machine scan fast and reliable, it takes infinitely less time than entering data by hand. Biggest advantage of Barcode is, it eliminate the possibility of human error.
- Barcodes are affordable (very cheap) to design and print. They can be customized economically, in a variety of finishes and materials.
- Barcodes are extremely flexible. They can be used for any kind of necessary data collection. Also, it has include pricing and inventory information.
- Barcodes provides better data. Since one barcode can be used for inventory and pricing information, it is possible to quickly to obtain data. It also customized to contain other relevant information as needed. They provide fast, reliable data for a wide variety of application.
- Barcodes promote better decision making. Because data is obtained rapidly and accurately, it is possible to make more informed decisions. Better decision making ultimately saves both time and money.